Translate

Sunday 6 May 2012

'The Lord of the Flies'

I started 'Lord of the Flies' yesterday and it seems like a great book. I think the language is really clever, for example the character 'piggy' has been created to use very east London kind of language. This character is unfortunately bullied by the other boys and you can tell he is the character who represents the victim. However he has struck up a sort of friendship with another main character, Ralph.

This friendship is then used to find other boys, as Piggy's knowledge of the conch shell and Ralph's incredible horn blowing power they manage to gather the others.

This book has already gripped me and I have only read the first chapter, I will be looking forward to reading more of it in the future.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are enjoying this: it is still a set text at GCSE on the new syllabus and remains a fantastic read. Not for the faint-hearted, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I completely agree, not for the faint hearted indeed! I will continue to update this post as I read more of the book. Thank you for your comment.

      Delete