Translate

Monday 4 June 2012

Ekphrasis




'They have ransacked my very soul, stripping tiles off my roof and leaving me bare. Weather affects me so much more in my old age. It seems that the reason I was originally built-as a simple stable, is just not good enough for these people. As they continue to strip me to my bare skeletal structure, they discover buried memories and old Victorian items. It is amazing how far the medical world has evolved from 'Clarkes Miraculous Salve'. They have also discovered an item from my original purpose- a horse shoe. In fact I can still hear the 'Clip-clop' of the horses as they trotted in to my structure to rest and feed. I recently saw this family hanging bunting and raising glasses to the Diamond Jubilee. This made me feel extremely old as I remember Queen Victoria's Jubilee. Hopefully soon they will do their job as builders and, well actually build rather than strip me bare. Soon I will be repaired and prepared for another century of memories to come.'

This is the ekphrasistic point of view of our Outhouse House in our back garden, it is currently being renovated.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Saxule, these last two jubilee posts demonstrate a really interesting and contrasting perspective. I like the irritations in this voice of the outhouse. Clever idea!

    ReplyDelete