Translate

Monday 4 June 2012

What the Diamond Jubilee represents for me

I feel that the Diamond Jubilee represents much more than just the Queen's reign. I took this action shot because I wanted to depict someone just 'going for it'. I really like the way his whole body is poised for action and he is using his left arm as a natural instinctive balance. At our very best, this country has always been up to a challenge, even if we do not win every time. It's something that my Nan and Grandma talk about and they are really obsessed with the whole Diamond Jubilee celebrations. That we are proud to be part of Britain and wear its colours. That we are determined to make the best of every situation. So I think the Jubilee is not just a celebration of  reign it is also a celebration of sportsmanship, pride and our development as a country.

No comments:

Post a Comment